5.01.2011

Landed

Let's start with the pretty stuff: photos!

Click here! and enjoy :)

I got in late last night, or at least it felt late since it was around midnight Toronto time, but just 9 in Kelowna. It was a bit go-go-go for awhile since I had to check in to my hotel, unpack a little and then pack up again in the morning, re-sign my lease (landlords, sheesh), get to my new place, unpack, and then... walk.

I did a lot of walking. Five hours of walking. The kind of walking that creates new blisters that kill and then eventually stop hurting because that's how long you walk.

To explain, I am determined to make walking my new favourite mode of transportation since I am not keen on buying a bus pass and rumour has it the bus service sucks around here (although some of the locals I met begged to differ).

Googlemaps told me it would take 40 minutes to walk to my work (a little more than I would have liked) so I decided to test it today to see if it really is a plausible way for me to go. Turns out it's only 30 minutes and it's a gorgeous walk (weather is sunny and 20 - jealous?), so well worth it.

Then I just got lost in the marina and the rest of downtown Kelowna (see the pictures) and adventured around finding grocery stores, drugstores, etc.

Now I am exhausted and going to bed since I have my first day of work in the morning, but I will be sure to post with all the excitement and havoc that election day is going to wreak on my first day of work.

Don't forget to vote,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment